Urgent UPDATE: Anemone died and One fish!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Kristiavi, Apr 2, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

it adds up fast
    i bought all mine separate, the kit is nice if you want to put the money all out at once. :( from all i read api is not the best. maybe others will chime in on what brands they use. i have a mixture of test brands.
    but i do like the api dip strips. when i test the strip is right.

2. Click Here!

3. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

You should probably get pH, ammonia, nitrate, KH and calcium at a minimum. The API kits probably average aout $8 each online. I've found that These are acurate enough to give a reasonable estimate. Most of the time I just buy API myself to be honest. Sailfert is generally better, but about twice the price typically. For pH APi is hard to read though. A digital checker is best if you can afford it.

4. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

since when does experience have anything to do with age? freshwater is very different than saltwater. and any aquarist can obviously tell this is not a case of lack or acclimation! if acclimated poorly an anemone will usually take several weeks to completely die. or in good water quality lack of acclimation wont matter it will do fine.