This is why these forums are good for knowledge. You can take advice from a bunch of people and learn from it. Not any one person is right. Your anemone may have died from improper acclimation or from handeling it to much, or it may have ingested soemthing toxic at the lfs. Unless an autopsy is done we will never know. Of course too much ammonia donates h ions to the water thus making it more acidic. However, I know one person who has a 46 bow and all he keeps are anemones. His water params are never stable due to overstocking of fish; he never acclimates anything. The anemone's crawl around until they find a spot they like then they stay there and he has never lost one. Just saying there can be more than one answer to a question.