Urgent UPDATE: Anemone died and One fish!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Kristiavi, Apr 2, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kristiavi

Kristiavi Coral Banded Shrimp

Is there a way to tell if in fact he is dead? Will something start to change? My brother seems to think he is just closed up and that I should put him back in the tank.

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I think he's just closed up too.

However, unless you have a very large tank with a whole lot of filtration, it's not worth the risk. When they die, they can nuke an entire tank. Keep him alive separately and if he recovers, then put him back into the tank.

4. con999

con999 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

mmhmmm. u seem new to the hobby. you do no that in the long term a nem will not do well in a new tank. they need very stabe water with a tank that is at least a year old

5. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

looks unhappy, not dead to me

6. clarky2120

clarky2120 Bubble Tip Anemone

This question wasn't answered, but it's the same one I have

Are you able to create a stable environment in your seperate holding container? Is it temperature controlled?

7. Kristiavi

I put the bubbler in it, It really looks bad. I think I lost it =[ Still hasnt moved or even tried to inflate its tenicles.

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      398.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      399 KB
      Views:
  8. Click Here!

9. Kristiavi

Sorry I forgot that question - I soaked the bag for an hour and added a small amount of my tank water to his bag every 15 minutes.

I think its to late to save it, its putting off a bad smell

10. Reakwonthachef

Reakwonthachef Feather Duster

Not trying to be starting something but in no way does this sound like an acclimation problem. The anemone was doing fine for the whole first day it was in the aquarium. It was open and it even moved to find a spot it liked. Does that sound like something that was acclimated improperly?

Specs:

The only thing here is that ph of 7.8 may be too low for an anemone

However, anemone's close up if you look at the wrong, it probably def closed due to the addition of a power head; furthermore when this happens it is best to leave it alone and not mess with it. If it was stressed by the new current imagine when you touching, squeezing and moving it all over did to it. Not trying to make you feel bad but you probably killed it by handling it.

It is def dead if it is smelling bad, roll it up in some rice and add some wasabi quick!

But in the future the best thing to do is keep your hands out of the tank and be patient. Its hard for all of us but that is the only thing to do.

1 person likes this.
  11. Reakwonthachef

Reakwonthachef Feather Duster

Also, if there is not heater in that tub of water than that was not a good idea.

12. Kristiavi

Thanks for the advice, your probably right about me messing with him but i never touched him with my hands or squeezed him. I simply freaked out and thought he died and didnt want im to polute my tank and removed him. It was a rookie mistake that I wont be making again. Thanks for all your help!