Unusual Pod

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Wrassman, Apr 16, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

[glow=LimeGreen, 2, 80%]I've seen a number of GREEN pods in my tank and sump over the past few weeks. I don't know where they came from. I do know that my fish like to eat them just as much as they do the other color pods.

I got a decent picture this morning of one in my sump. I thought some of you might be interested.
    [/glow]

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

hmm i never saw a green one just white ones but thats interesting

4. Wrassman

[glow=Red, 2, 80%]I've seen a couple with a reddish tint to them. This is the first I've noticed 'pods with color to them too, karla. All I've ever seen before were the common garden variety white, colorless 'pods.

Kind of interesting. I wonder if the ECO has anything to do with it??
    [/glow]

5. Wrassman

[glow=Green, 3, 90%]Since I'm talking about unusual 'pods, I might as well include some unusual 'pod behavior.  One of the largest GREEN 'pods I have in the main tank lives on the right side of the tank, nearest the door.  He has taken up residence against the glass.

What is so strange, is that he has built himself a burrow, of sorts.  Now, I am familiar with all sort of critters building burrows; but not 'pods.  Anyone else ever see this??  I am including a picture, so you won't think I'm making it up...
    [/glow] ;D

Attached Files:

6. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

i have lots of tunnels against the glass and most are worms but some are pods or some type of other bugs. at night they climb up there tunnels and move there sand doors to come out. but if they come out to far and the bangaii sees them "GULP" there gone. does anybody else have a bangaii and see how much they hunt at night?