ultra pectinia coral

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Rawdogz, Mar 24, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Rawdogz

Rawdogz Torch Coral

so i have been searching for an ultra pectinia coral for sometime now and i final found one at a LF, heres the kicker its 400 dollar :looking::looking:. is that real the going price on those guys or is he really reaching?

or is that a nice size for 400?

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

I kinda wanna do nothing but these guys in my tank and working on getting my alien invasion and a few others. From what I've seen the price on that one seems a Lil bit to much. I've seen them go for 250 when they're about 3-4 inches all the way around. I'd do a lil looking online before you just jump and buy that piece even though it's quite beautiful.

4. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

It's a nice piece but not a 400 dollar piece. Way over priced

5. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Liveaquaria/ Diver's Den used to get them in; 4-5" colonies for about 500-600, iirc. I don't thibk you paid too much more than you would've elsewhere. Besides, if you like it enough to spend that much on it, it must be worth AT LEAST that to you

6. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

You could always buy and frag. Most places are getting $85 to $100.00 a head.
    They do have sweepers keep that in mind. I do not have pic of mine but these are the color variation I have. Took a while to color up and I still do not think it has reached its full potential.

However I wish I have someone in South Florida who wanted it. My tank is to small for it at this point. I just want to get $100.00 for mine and it is probably 3" to 4" and when feeding it blows up like crazy.. So cool to watch the mouths opening!

[​IMG]

zesty likes this.
  7. Reefbuilder

Reefbuilder Scooter Blennie

I agree it is way overpriced - or I am just lucky with the LFS around me. No more than $200 for a nice size one.

DSC reef likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

I totally want it. Doesn't hurt to have 2 of the same kind does it? :p

10. Rawdogz

Rawdogz Torch Coral

Chris can you post a pic of the one your trying to sell ?

11. Rawdogz

Rawdogz Torch Coral

that what i thought, it seemed way over priced. i really like it but not 400 dollar worth

DSC reef likes this.
  12. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

It sucks when your best lens is broken.. Here is a couple pics.. Will post a quick vid later. Nice peace but I sold my 125 so it is sitting in wife 30gl. Never shipped anything so would be a bit worried.

GOPR9687.JPG GOPR9675.JPG