Ugly Tank Contest!

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by johnmaloney, Nov 17, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. surfrgirl61187

surfrgirl61187 Skunk Shrimp

I know that coral is like a weed.. Do you want some?? We need to trim it back but I dont like to wast it...

2. Click Here!

3. surfrgirl61187

surfrgirl61187 Skunk Shrimp

I agree!! I think we have a potential winner!! I thought I may have had a good one but I think this bets it!! Good luck mystique!!

4. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

By the way the discount code for the posts is "ugly". When you enter a tank I will eventually move it over to my site for the judging. But if you use the discount to order, make sure during checkout you give me your username, and a link to the photo this way I can match them up for the possibility of a refund if you win the contest.

5. johnmaloney

wow mystique! Great tank! We got this contest going on for a little bit longer, it is getting pretty popular on all the sites we sponsor. Soon we will be moving it our site for judging, and then I think we will narrow it down to some finalists and allow voting. We thought it would be easy to judge, but wow......:)

If I had my first SW tank though I would win this contest hands down. That tank made me crazy about getting rid of algae. I had a rainbow of nasty junk. Ever see Schizothrix calcicola? Nice stuff....:(

6. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Got a link to them? I couldn't find it on your reefcleaners site... I'd like to see what those other forum users are posting (hehe)

Or you haven't moved any there yet?

This is fun.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  7. johnmaloney

no, they are all over the net. We should have had everybody post the pictures there, but I forgot to mention that in this post, plus our image resizing software needs to be worked on. We have been so busy lately I haven't had a chance.

8. Click Here!

9. Yuri Kapustin

Yuri Kapustin Coral Banded Shrimp

Dont know if this counts, but this was the first hour of my tank's existence. Yes, i even caught this on camera as well as every other moment.

[​IMG][/IMG]

10. johnmaloney

sand clouds don't count...show us the diatom bloom! :)

11. scootman

scootman Plankton

I purchased the Seachem product from a LFS. It's a dry product and looks sort of like little crystals. I'm not sure if their product is Magnesium Chloride or Magnesium Sulfate, but it works well for me. Until my salifert Mag kit arrives, I'm just sticking with the dosage and frequency suggested the container.

I've been considering ordering a large container from Bulk Reef Supply, but I need to 1st decide which chemistry compound to order. They offer both.

Hope this helps,
    Scoots

12. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

totter, pm sent...

1 person likes this.