Ugly Tank Contest!

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by johnmaloney, Nov 17, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Scubagator87

Scubagator87 Skunk Shrimp

is it ironic that all my friends think that my hair algae is cool? haha....beauty in the eye of the beholder i guess

My royal gramma actually likes to hide out in this dead finger coral with hair algae all over it

2. Click Here!

3. surfrgirl61187

surfrgirl61187 Skunk Shrimp

My husband actually likes the GHA as well:-/... Thats what got us into the mess we are in:(... He kept toping the tank off with regular tap water... I didnt know about him topping the tank off with the tap tell the brake out was big and I asked him why is it so bad I dont understand... That was when the truth came out.. :) he doesnt like it anymore... :D

4. totter0817

totter0817 Purple Spiny Lobster

Thats funny too, we bought one of our first pieces of live rock with gha on it, not knowing what it was. We thought it was cool at first, untill it spead everywhere.
    All our friends think its cool too. None of them have a saltwater tank or now anything about it, so when the red/purple slime starts to cover the sand bed they think its pretty too if only they knew!

5. MTips18

MTips18 Purple Spiny Lobster

the sand was supposed to be white and the rock was looking like a rock at one point

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

7. johnmaloney

all good things must come to an end. Last day to post pictures.

8. Click Here!

9. totter0817

totter0817 Purple Spiny Lobster

So do we have a winner... hopefully my ugly tank, I could use some major help

10. johnmaloney

You are a finalist. I am resizing the images because I can't get our template to work with our forum database in time. So it may be until tomorrow until we start posting them.

11. johnmaloney

12. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

John Please let me know that when you said I have worse diatom out break you have ever seen that it means im still in the running? hopefully being a customer helps out too... I am going to try to get better pics today just got a new camera! I have hair slime and diatoms. Slime is cleaning up a bit though.