Ugly Tank Contest 3

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by johnmaloney, Nov 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

lol...yeah they definitely didn't make it easy, there are a few more, and honestly I think I need to make 7 finalists ... :)

2. Click Here!

3. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

This tank is awesome! Its not ugly at all IMO. I quite like the over grown macro algae. It looks like a jungle!

[​IMG]

4. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I thought so too! :) It looks like those FW planted tanks you see with Christmas/Java moss all over the bottom!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  5. johnmaloney

yeah what makes it even weaker of an entry is it is suppose to look cool like that, they just left for vacation for two weeks so the bottom grass needs a mow, but it is there intentionally and looks awesome.

an f-14 just buzzed my warehouse again. got to love the stuart air show

6. Tbstr3

Tbstr3 Skunk Shrimp

My ugly tank

Attached Files:

7. johnmaloney

just needs some general cleaning, that isn't that bad. less than a year old or more than a year? what is your cuc and maintenance routine like?

8. Click Here!

9. Tbstr3

Tbstr3 Skunk Shrimp

Less than 3 months old actually transfered from a 30g tank lol CUC consists of a variety of stuff about 150 snails and crabs water changes are weekly right now because i had a cyano break out i now as u can see have a tank full of green alagae which i understand is normal after a cycle so i cant wait till thats gone wish my tank was as nice as some been in hoby for four years now and still dont have anything to brag about nothing but troubles and ugly ness ive tried every remedy out there but will not give up yet never could keep birdsnest or or any stony SPS seem great tried multiple versions of flow idk i could go on and on

10. Tbstr3

Tbstr3 Skunk Shrimp

what do u consider a general cleaning do u guys actually get in your tanks with razzor blades and stuff and scrape all the algae off the glass or do u just not even get it my substrate is even green wish it was a s white as when i got it

11. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

yeah exactly what i thought!

12. johnmaloney

strong enough lighting and flow? how are the parameters? is the crushed coral bed a transfer from the previous tank? ro/di? Instant Ocean salt? etc... certain things encourage cyano, and checking on them will help you out, but yours isn't a hopeless case like some of these other tanks. :)

i see a larger proportion of nassarius to algae eating snails in the picture, but if you just fed that is pretty normal