Ugly Tank Contest 2: Cyano's Revenge

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by johnmaloney, Nov 20, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

just remember to raise it slowly. if you miss a few days, or don't get to it on the schedule you decide on, don't double dose. short increases etc... you can either wing it, or also test for calcium, alk, and ph during this time. Alk is probably the most important and should be in your basic test kit. Magnesium test kits should be at an aquarium store, maybe not a general pet store though. If not, try aquacave or marine depot. I would wait until you have them all before dosing. Just be as cautious as possible, because if something goes wrong I don't want you type with caps at me. :)

2. Click Here!

3. meagan1823

meagan1823 Purple Spiny Lobster

I have Nitrate, Nitrite, amonium, PH, Calcium, and Alk and phosphate test kits just not Mag, I plan on going to Memphis this weekend to a fish store so ill try to remember to pick one up there.

4. johnmaloney

what kind of horses do you have?

5. Courtster

Courtster Feather Duster

Well here is my entry to the contest. Having a bit of a cyno outbreak this week, and I've been so careful. :-/ Just ordered a cleanup crew from you John, looking forward to it next week! Maybe this will win me a little more.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. johnmaloney

Good news! You are not going to win this contest. ;D I am taking the position that is a nice thing to say. :)

7. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

I can just tell. my algae is so bad today it clogged up the overflow and the sump wasnt getting enough water so the main tank started to overflow cause the water level was too high.

8. Click Here!

9. johnmaloney

that is bad. a picture of that could be worth 50 snails, why not post so we can all have a good laugh? :)

On a different note...I do dual drains in new tanks now to keep flooding fears down, I had a similar problem before in a tank with a bunch of floating ulva. Water went low in the sump, the return sent out bubbles that floated the ulva, which clogged the drain, which caused a flood and would have burned out the pumps if they weren't Iwaki. (I really love my Iwakis - older ones, but very reliable and I am so lazy about their care.)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  10. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

I cant posst pics cause i cant find my camera charger and belive me ive been looking for a week for thid thing so i can post my tank on the thread.

11. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

12. meagan1823

meagan1823 Purple Spiny Lobster

we have paints, i dont ride anymore so they are just "pasture ornaments", but I think they are happy with this arrangement