ugh! too much touchy-feely

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by zjpeter, Sep 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Would you let a stranger hug you?

1. heck yeah, bring on the love!

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. touch me and die

31 vote(s)
    68.9%
  3. actually, i'm the stranger trying to hug you

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Lemme guess. No pictures or videos to share?

2. Click Here!

3. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

Mine too!

I'm pop eye the sailfin tang.....;D

:lol:

1 person likes this.
  4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Groooaaan...my stomach hurts :lol:

5. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

Yeah, that one was especially bad! :lol:

6. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Please forgive the hijack!!

7. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

LOL yall are nuts

8. Click Here!

9. divott

divott Giant Squid

I'm pop eye the sailfin tang.....;D

lol, too funny. and quite clever , im proud of you.

maybe peters , like spock , half vulcan. except hes got 2 emotions ,lol, i like that. happy and angry. pretty much covers the whole gamut of emotions in one tidy package. lol.

10. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Because the reality is that life isn't organized and tidy. A woman who was abused can't ever fully trust another man until she works through her emotions of fear, anger, distrust, etc. You can rationally tell them that this new man is NOT the abuser so there's nothing to worry about until you're blue in the face. However, until you take care of those messy feelings deep inside, they are the "walking wounded" and all future relationships will be much harder due to the baggage they bring with them. Someone who has a loved one in the hospital doesn't need to hear, "Well, your dad lived longer than the average life span so you should be fine" or "Statistics say that 51% of the children with this diagnosis get better". No, they need support to help them with their sadness/fears/regrets, etc.

I've lived half of my life one way and the other half of my life the other way. I would never go back.

11. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

I love hugs and love giving them.. I have guns and swear a lot. But I love to love

12. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

...Am I the only one who finds the picture of me not funny? *grumble grumble*

Anyways, if a stranger came up to try and hug me I would most definitely push them away and be like "um...wtf are you doing?" I do have a soft(er) side, but it doesn't go very far.

Basicly the logical engineer in me gets in the way. I didn't cry in Old Yeller because, well, it's a movie. I didn't cry at the end of the Notebook because it was two old people dying in a nursing home bed, I still don't know what's so flippin' sad about that. In fact, I only know of 2 movies I've ever shed a tear in during the 19 years of my life. The same goes for "scary" stuff. "How can that be scary, it's not real..." my brain says.

You try to hug me and I don't know you? Your getting a push. You try it again? Wow...bad move.

I have no problem what so ever hugging people I know, mainly friends. I don't like it when distant relatives hug me because they are essentially strangers to me. I don't know who the heck they are, but apparently we're related. Big whoop. Cain and Abel were related, too. It's common at funerals and other times where I am forced to see distant family members to ask my mom "who was that?" after someone comes up to talk to me and attempt to hug me.

There's my piece :)

Well crap...I just tried to use the spacebar on this desktop as the mouse pad on a laptop. I was rubbing my finger on it wondering why the cursor wasn't moving...wow. You know you've been on a laptop for way too long when that happens. Apparently the same happens to some motorcyclists. Trying to shift up on the clutch/brake pedal won't get you very far ;)