Ugh, possible dreaded aiptasia ?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Slammed01, Sep 24, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Slammed01

Slammed01 Spaghetti Worm

Thank you =) I hope so too. I did the kalk treatment before on the rock but it's so hard with all the polyps. I thought I got it call but lots of nooks. Only seen 1 or 2 besides the frag rock. Lets just say prob won't be going back to where I got that one! Now for the majano here and there lol killed 2 today.

2. Click Here!

3. Chance

Chance Bubble Tip Anemone

For future rocks with polyps that are doomed to be nuked, try peeling some of the polyps off at the base (mat). That way you can keep some of them, no use in wasting free coral!

4. Slammed01

Slammed01 Spaghetti Worm

Thank u for the tip, I briefly read something but got mixed reviews lol. All about living and learning in this hobby lol

5. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

Good thread. I worked as a Pharmacy Tech for years and I must say I never had anyone come in asking for needles to kill their aiptasia LOL. For the record there is no law that says we cannot give you the needles, it's up to our own discretion. My question is... What causes aiptasia and what can be done to prevent it?

6. ivanbosk

ivanbosk Feather Duster

Pepps do the job completely and no worrying about blow ups, syringes or the like

7. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

LFS out here just advertised a Berghia Nudibranch, which as they claim are "aiptasia killing machines and are reef safe". Says they have a short lifespan so that may be a plus opposed to having to fish out the peppermints after they do their thing.