Urgent UGH..not again...

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by elweshomayor, Feb 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

questions...
    my frogspawn is dying... my zoos are dying, and my tank cannot have any more aipstasia anemone.. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE.....

my zoos are dying because of it.... idk why my frogspawn is dying... and everything else is good but im stunned..

what can be going wrong with my tank?
    would it be a good idea to move my corals to my 150G tank? eventhough i have a koran angel? just for a few days.. till either i get my 29 fixed, or i get my koran angel out..

i was going to return him anyways.

how can i remove aipstasia from my zoa rock without killing them?

2. Click Here!

3. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

could i boil 2 or 3 rocks then do a water change to get rid of the aipstasia?

4. JBL

JBL Sea Dragon

My 28 gal nano is crashing too and I don't know why. I moved my corals to my 150 for now. Although I have no aipstasia. I had a ton in my 55 gal sump for the 150, and I put in three peppermint shrimps and went right at it. Gone in two days.
    Have you tried peppermint shrimps yet?

5. Ducksmasher

Ducksmasher Purple Spiny Lobster

i usually run them into their holes, then shoot a glob of superglue on top of them. seal their fate..

6. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

this isnt practical for my situation because i have too many of them.

7. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

yes, and they worked.. but my peppermint died for unknown reasons.. and the new one never ate anything. ( i think the aipstasia ate him.. irony)..

there are some big ones...im thinking on just boiling the rocks that have it and put them back. then do a water change so that i dont have a minicycle?
    would that work?

also, what are the chances that my coral will get eaten by my koran angel in 3 days? i will try to get my koran angel out ASAP.

8. Click Here!

9. macon77

macon77 Fire Worm

Depending on what you mean SPECIFICALLY when you say boiling, you will likely have some materials trapped within the rocks that will cause a cycle.

Why not try another peppermint shrimp or two (they are cheap enough)?

Combine that with some kalkwasser pasting?

Patience and persistence?

10. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

by boiling i mean just rinsing with super hot fresh water for a good while... maybe some scrubing?

i could buy some shirmp, but i dont have much time as i am going back to school so i need some fast remedies.

if i do a water change, will it do any difference?

11. ReefPlayground

ReefPlayground 3reef Sponsor

Well, for the aiptasia, I always use multiple peppermints. Like 5-7 for your size of a tank...but i'm crazy like that, so i dunno;p. But with that many peppers, they wills tart eating them like crazy. I've had a group of 6 clear out a fully infested 125g in 3 days.

You also gotta make sure you get them large, as other shrimps/starfish/inverts can eat smaller shrimps.

I've also used the red sea aiptasia x. works well

12. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

the problem with that is that i have a coral banded shirmp.. so there might be agression... and 6 shrimp might be too much money for my budget..

what about the other option? will a water change work to prevent a cycle? or at least so that nothing will be harmed?

what about changing the coral till i get things fixed? i dont want to change them and them be gone tomorrow..