Tyree war coral

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by devlzluv, Jan 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

ill try that, it didnt make the frag freak out or anything?

2. Click Here!

3. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

I don't know why you would need to remove it from the plug, it will encrust the plug and grow onto the rock around it. It might depend where you want to put it whether you want to have that underlying plug shape where you're placing it but eventually it will probably be indistinguishable from the rock. You can always cut off parts of the plug with a wire snippers/bone cutters or dremel rather than messing with the part of the frag on the plug and risk damaging it although if it's in good conditions any damage you do will be easily regenerated.

I wouldn't mess with it until it's been in your tank for a few weeks so you're sure it's in good health and can withstand any accidental damage.

1 person likes this.
  4. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

ya ill prolly trim down the frag and place it in a nice spot in my tank were no other corals will take home to or else bio warfare will go on. This coral is awesome and my puffer doesnt even look at it to eat thank god. Now i want to get a purple one to go along with my war coral collection!

5. slocal

slocal Doot!

To each his own. You either want to do something or don't. I personally don't know why anyone would want the plug in their tank, but that's their own preference.

6. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

Definitely, do it however you want. :)

There definitely are some pros and cons to each way, risk damaging the coral (especially if it's partially encrusted already) vs having an ugly plug in your tank for a short period of time until it's encrusted.