Two New Corals. Stunner Chalice & Platygyra Brain Coral

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Ballgame, Sep 16, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

New SPS Corals

Found a store about 40 mins away that sells coral. Aquarium Specialty and Research in Frazier, PA.
    https://m.facebook.com/AquariumSpecialties?refsrc=http://m.aquariumspecialtiesresearch.com/&_rdr

Someone here told me about them (can't remember the user name). I had my 4 year old daughter today and we planned to spend the day together. She likes fish stores so we planned to go to this new store I've never been too.
    Wow this was the best coral store Ive been too. Thing was they don't advertise and barely have a website. I didn't know the name so did a basic search based on city. "Aquarium corals Frazier, PA". And still couldn't find it. After some searching I found site.
    Anyway wow holy smokes they have amazing corals. Mike the owner was so nice and helpful. Had a 25% sale so I got some corals. Mike really helped me narrow down my selections because there were so many I didn't know where to start. I really like SPS but they are above my experience. Cash tight so I only got two

Stunner chalice and platygyra brain coral.

Stunner chalice
    image.jpg

Platygyra brain coral
    image.jpg

Small pieces I know but frags usually are. Hard to see quality on iPhone. I did a dip 2 times before entering. Mike told he does dips as well and most corals he has are clean but still recommended I dip. Glad I did cause found a huge bristleworm.

Very happy with my pieces. I'll go there for all corals now. Great day with my daughter. Funny because she loves to go places with me but once we get there she fools around and runs around. I'm just happy to get to spend time with her.

mdbostwick likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Awesome pieces and better yet, quality time. I know the feeling. Those are LPS corals;)

Ballgame likes this.
  4. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

yeah Im partly colorblind too so I use water testing as a way to get her to help me with the tank. My girls are 4&5 so only so much they can do but they can see colors!

DSC reef likes this.
  5. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I bring my daughter with me but she's got an eye for the expensive corals. Lol. (Takes after me)

Ballgame likes this.
  6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Love the feeling of a new LFS find. Congrats. Crappy pics but those look nice Ballgame. :)

Ballgame and DSC reef like this.
  7. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

congrats on the new corals ballgame! it is so much fun finding a new LFS - it's like it's christmas day lol

Ballgame and DSC reef like this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

Do I have to feed these frags?

10. ontop27

ontop27 Ritteri Anemone

Mike is the best! Are you on dvrc?

Ballgame likes this.
  11. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

Some better pics.Platy is hard to get a clear pic
    This chalice is sweet!

image.jpg

image.jpg

12. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Looks great. I feed every coral I have in my tank. Feeding helps growth ya know;)

Ballgame likes this.