Two new 100 G starfire glassand tank and one 80G tank incomming

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Mudbeaver, Apr 29, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mudbeaver

Mudbeaver Coral Banded Shrimp

I just came back from picking up my stuff from the UPS store, and my sand is sooooooooooooo cool!!!!! Very pretty,Tropic Eden Tonga miniflakes and flakes. With these pinkish pebbles really nice stuff i can't tank the guy enough who suggested that to me. i can't even remember now who did either lol and from which sites lol. When i set up everything i'll have a shot of it for now its stays in its bag, its not live sand no. I have to rinse it before using it.Cost me $ 410.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

Congrats Mud! So glad you're happy with it!

4. Mudbeaver

My goodies

Here are some of my goodies for my sculptures.

My Nylon rods to hold my rocks in place

http://www.marcorocks.com/aquascape-supplies/3-8-16-nylon-thread-rod-24-includes-10-pk-nuts-10-pk-washers/

The mortar to stick the rock permanently and to strengthen the sculpture.

http://www.marcorocks.com/aquascape-supplies/e-marco-400/

The diamond coated hole saw to make those holes i need for a pvc rod

http://www.marcorocks.com/aquascape-supplies/7-8-diamond-coated-hole-saw-qty-1/

I'm all set to do the sculpture as soon as all the rock are here.

5. oldfishkeeper

moving right along! am very happy for u!

6. Mudbeaver

Thanks, i'm still waiting for my diamond coated bits to drill the rocks, i could use ordinary masonery bits but for $16 it'll make it so much easier on myself. I have to finish the condo floor so another 2 weeks before i get the tanks and at least an extra week before starting the sculptures. Preparation is key. Nothing good happens fast in this hobby including sculpting lol. In those weeks i'll also be learning how my new cam works so i can make videos on YouTube about this, their's no good ones about this subject; they're all showing the finish product but not the process and none about a complete PVC project, none about a mortar project, none about a nylon and pegging project, tower project, stalactite, project . Its my intension to make some.

7. oldfishkeeper

You are going to be busy!

8. Click Here!

9. Mudbeaver

LOL well thats the point, isn't it lol. For me a tank starts at conception and goes through the rock work before putting the water in. I'm amazed at the number of people thinking that a tank starts when you put the water in. Then a few months later ; they no longer like their aquascape and tries to redo it with everything in it and wonders why everthing gets stressed out and gets ich and what not. What they do is basically what a tsuname does to a reef and its not good. I plan my tanks and tries to anticipate my flow paths dead spots i know where my favorite corals will go, i have a vision of the tank and where i want to go with it. Now a vison stay a vison , and the end results are usually a bit different but the overall look and plans remains. We're dealing with living things after all. Besides sometimes happy accidents happens.

10. oldfishkeeper

good planning is important in many things in life but especially for our little slices of the ocean :) I'm very interested to see your final product! I'm sure you are too lol

11. Mudbeaver

Yes i am and my doctor say i'm in a minimalistic phase, ( one track mind) lol. I get very tired just because i'm thinking about it alot, and planning everything at the same time lol. Part of the overall change i guess. I've got my company name finally and will start only next year to produce . So i got time, thats another piece of my mind at work. Thats lots a balls in the air at the same time and its draining a bit lol. But in a good way, you know what i'm saying.

12. oldfishkeeper

what kind of company are you starting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.