Two new 100 G starfire glassand tank and one 80G tank incomming

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Mudbeaver, Apr 29, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mudbeaver

Mudbeaver Coral Banded Shrimp

A few more

A few more of these babies they cost enough to warent at least a whole post to themselves lol

[​IMG]

They are about 3-6 inch wide at the base

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are totaly flat at the back

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They can stand on they own cause they have a foot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Details

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They'll make nice caverns and hold good size corals too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is an example of a new tank not mine

[​IMG]

And 10 months later

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  2. Click Here!

3. Mudbeaver

Great concept from Concept Aquariums

I got upgrades today by emails from Concept Aquariums who took over from Miracle aquariums , much better too they come up with great options here they are;

My refugium stand at 60" because its feeding my reef by gravity with a shelf for my controllers and stuff, the arms continue to anchor the tank to the wall and make sure she doesn't fall backwards

[​IMG]

This the refugium with a brand new c2c

[​IMG]

This is my Reef tank stand, 2" steel rods powder coated

[​IMG]

This is my tank with a nice 2c2 for good skimming and Denny from Concept Aquariums came up with a glass box that will hide my wave box on the right side of the tank, it will be shown in the next drawing soon.

[​IMG]

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I can't figure out a way to only post certain pictures when I quote. Anyway, Mud - that is impressive! I have to admit, I wasn't seeing the potential in those structures....almost looked fake but the pictures - wow! That is an amazing tank built up around them. Beautiful!

5. Mudbeaver

When you quote just erase the picture lines or quote you don't like lol. Yes the example i've are not bad except the guy made a few mistakes in my book first black sand??? White sand gives a much better contrast to your reef, so mine will be white, plus the reason to have a full backwall of rock or ceramic is to avoid putting too much on your sandbed, so i'll try not to overcrowd my sand too much either and leave more swimming room for my fish over coraling a tank is not my goal, i want some fish is there, i want less static coral and more fish movement, so i'll be mindfull not to overstock with coral at the expense of more fishroom, thats my goal, if i can squeeze in two more fish i will, and sacrifice 10 corals in the process. My 2 cents.

6. Mudbeaver

A new development on my main tank they're doing a wavebox on my right side like so

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All i have to do is put a pump in it.Got it already.

7. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I tried to delete certain pictures, but couldn't figure it out. I'm sure it's something simple. Anyway, plan looks good Mud. Do you have any ideas on when you may be getting the tanks?

8. Click Here!

9. Mudbeaver

Yep in 4 week sept 30 about.

10. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Make sure you keep the [QUOTE.....] [/QUOTE]

Delete everything else you don't want :)

11. Mudbeaver

Well we've rafined the plans a bit with a few mods

The Reef tank now has a C2C external over flow with a home made wavebox. I just have to put a pump in there and voila, done. The box will be blacked out with acrylic vinyl. Because of that the tank will only have the front and left side with starfire, because its the only side visible to people see floor plan.[/SIZE]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The refugium has also a C2c because its will house two messy species, seahorses and anglers, and their drain will be conected to the sump so to help the skimmer i've put it in. In the plan the refugium feeds the reef by gravity so its higher than the reef tank and need filtration as well, and will produce pods and rotifers, so to use those i'll have a seperate connection from the fuge to the reef, via a 1/2" flex pipe 1" below the waterline in the tank to avoid the junk and gunk of the fuge so the pods can migrate safely.

[​IMG]

The pods will be transfered to the reef either into the wavebox or on top a powerhead to spread them fast to give them time to seed the reef and multiply as well.

[​IMG]

The gravity set up

[​IMG]

The floor set up

[​IMG]

My sump; first section the drain section, herbies don't have bubble apparently can't wait to see that one...... i've got spears gate valves to control the flows, the water then drips into the socks, and into the equipment section, skimmer, and the 4 baffles, to prevent micro bubbles. Have learned of the bubble blasters reputation of extra foam action and my solution and extra baffle before the pumps section.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Herbie version

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  12. Mudbeaver

Getting stuff

I got new rock for my sculpture, flat shelves from Marco's rock and i have some more comming this friday the 13....ya i know. Plus lots of goodies, for the sculpting, rods and mortar, diamond drill bits , some macro algae are also comming for my little tank i've started for the refugium, the live rock i have in there will help jumpstart the big system so a combination of live rock, well secured, i've taken precautions, to irradicate potential pest and with the dry rock, sculpture and my ceramic walls , i'll start the system on a good foot hopefully.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All those and the ones comming will be drilled and set with rods and mortar into a specific sculpture , i'm taking my time on this because i don't want to have to restack those rock in 18 months time because i don't like the way they look anymore. Plus tonight i'm getting my Vertex RO/DI unit so i can get that organized and set up right for the upcomming tanks in 2 1/2 weeks time Yippee!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.