Two new 100 G starfire glassand tank and one 80G tank incomming

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Mudbeaver, Apr 29, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mudbeaver

Mudbeaver Coral Banded Shrimp

A bit of news finaly

Finaly here after 2 months.I got my Ceramic panels. Ok i only unpacked one the rest are in bubble wrap and i don't want to unwrap them so not to damage tham. Here what it look with stuff in it to give scale , i know it looks funny but it gives an appreciation of whats possible with those things. And i got them for $ 2.99 /lb instead of $ 17.99 /lb from Germany.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They will fit on back wall that i wont have to clean up and most of all reduce the footprint of my rockwork in the tank and giving me lots of swimming and grazing room for my fish ; its a win win. I still will have to put some rocks but not as much and i'll wont have to do any special aquascaping this time. These panels are perfect they give plenty of levels to put corals at any heights i desires.

The back of these panels are totally flat. Which bring me to the fitting. Since i don't want any dead spots and accumulation of debrit; even in small quantity; i'll silicone seal these completely on the back and foam the sides to ensure no water goes in the back and enprison any small amount of debris that i can't get at. I don't intend to redoo my tank in 4 or 5 years, and the day i want to redoo it i'll have a job anyway in front of me regardless.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

Looking good mud!! Was hoping you'd be updating here soon!! Love the scale pics with the shoe, potato, and lemon :)

4. Mudbeaver

Well lol sometime the simpless thing bring it together lol. But its true until you see the possibilities a picture without scale doesn't give enough details. The corals should be awsome in this . I've unpacked one cylinder tonight to see; really cool they'll cover my wavebox and maybe a pump or something. I wont have to sculpt this time around, really don't feel like it for two tanks...blah, very tired, still weak......... I just have to put some rock and do a bit of aquascape nothing major and connect the walls and thats it. Home free. i will know the prices of the tanks tomorrow, stay tune, big day tomorrow. ;D

5. Mudbeaver

Enough is enough

Well i had enough with Miracle Aquariums very arrogant , and takes for every to get things done, so i went with Concept Aquariums from Calgary and in less than an hour they dealth me a good deal and it was done, so these are the tanks prints, very simple i hate over plumbing.

The Reef 150 G starfire glass tank

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the Display Refugium 75 G starfire glass tank

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the floor plan disposition of the tanks since the floor can't take the weight of the tanks on top of each other; The Refugium feeds the Reef by gravity with some king of plumbing not sure which yet, flexible or rigid.

[​IMG]

The Stands are powder coated 2" steel

[​IMG]

Herbie type overflow with gate valve control and a modification to the height of the emergency pipe.

[​IMG]

6. oldfishkeeper

so glad to see you update mud! Of course, I can't follow anything of what you've posted but glad you're back on track with your tanks! So, when do you think you'll be setting these babies up?

7. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

I like the ceramic backdrop- that was very popular for cichlids for awhile

8. Click Here!

9. Mudbeaver

LOL what do you mean by you can't follow lol , i can elaborate if you need info let me know that would be my pleasure lol.

10. Mudbeaver

Your sure its the same? I had to wait years to be able to buy them from Germany, very expensive, selling at $17/ lb i got them for $3/lb in stock clearence. I bought 197 lb at $3/lb = $597 + tax $665 for my tanks, now at $17 it would of been $ 3 349 + tax this is why the store cleared the stock nobody can afford them. They're very porous 30% porosity and absorb lots of bacteria.
    The reason why they cost so much is that they don't have the same chemicals in normal ceramics so no leaching in the water, they're made for aquariums, no PH issues

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. oldfishkeeper

Love your photo bombers :) It's not that I can't understand your drawings, I don't understand (for the most part) plumbing and such on any system. I think I finally comprehend how a sump works if that tells you anything lol

12. Mudbeaver

Ah i'm not far behind you lol.;D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.