Turtles?

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by Exlax, Oct 28, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reiple

reiple Fire Shrimp

yeah guys. and the feeling of helplessness is even worst.

that mangrove was connected to life in a small white sand island-atoll around a mile offshore. travelling to that island in a boat, 300-400 meters around that island is a reef, vast collection of corals and reef animals. It was so damn clear I asked the boat man to try pick me a chocolate starfish and he remarked if I was kidding. That starfish I see is around 30 feet deep! It was crystal clear.

Nowadays that atoll-island still exist. And around it is the remains of the reef. Corals bleached, no more fish and water murky. And of course the mangrove closeby is a dead cesspool.

A lesson learned by local villages here is that the ocean is connected to the reef. The reef is connected to the mangrove. The death of one is the death of the other.

Sorry....I blabber again....:)

2. Click Here!

3. Petunia760

Petunia760 Astrea Snail

I have a 29g tank with a 6" pleco, couple tiger barbs, platy's & tetras, a betta, a gourami & a kili fish, and they all live happily with Squirt, the little slider. He was tiny when I got him, like the size of a 1/2 dollar, he's grown a bit, (about 4" now) but he does fine with them...I had to clear out some of the decor as he got bigger cause he kept knocking things down...I know eventually I'm gonna have to give him his own space...the gourami & kili fish love his pellets though...so I have to throw in a few extra for them...I recently bought an under gravel filter to help reduce some of the waste because there is PLENTY of it...

4. Jace

Jace Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Heres my turtle in my fresh water fishtank.. I dont know alot about turtles but im sure they all have different personalities and maybe I got lucky I dont know b/c this thing doesnt even eat the little minnows that I have in my tank and I'd trust it with any fish. But heres picture proof that its possible. Hope it helps

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  5. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

Alligator Snapping Turtle! holly shirt.. they do get every bit as big as 200 LBS in fact I think one of the largest is here in Chicago at one of the Zoo's weighs something in the neighborhood of 250 LBS. Watch you hands with that guy, they are fast and when he gets a little bigger he will take your fingers of with out even missing a beat, Cool turtle though!

6. ddaasshh

ddaasshh Spaghetti Worm

i have had three red ear sliders for over a year and they have alway ate any fish i have had in there. some people get fooled because they see feeder fish living in there for a long amount of time but thats only because they are very small and find a great place to hide.