Turbo Calcium

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by hottielover14, Aug 25, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

I use Kent Marine Liquid Calcium and it takes forever to raise the cal. and it doesn't last long in my tank before the cal. goes down. I even use kalk too. I wanna get Turbo Calcium because i've heard that it raises it fast and stays in my aquarium longer. Has anybody tried this or uses this. could you tell me how it works in your aquarium.

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I use it and compared to any other calcium supplement on the market, I like it best. I also use kalk and it's not enough to keep my levels up. I like the turbo because it "acts" quickly and keeps my calcium levels steady. I would strongly recomment premixing the stuff with r.o. water before adding it to your sump or tank.

4. hottielover14

5. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Why mix it with RO prior to introducing to to the tank?
    I have some comming along with that Bionic stuff. Someone...I think it was Nautilus said to use turbo to raise Ca and use Bio-nic to keep it steady along with the ALK levels. Has anyone else ever done this. This is my plan so far. I have ordered them both. The Bio-nic is I guess you call it a two part supplement.

Jay

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Because the stuff is granular, you stand the chance of it getting sucked into the tank before it has a chance to dissolve. I almost lost a bubble coral when the calcium landed on it. Burned and melted the crap out of it.

I have never used the Bio-nic myself but know many people who do and they swear by it.

7. hottielover14

this is my plan, i plan to use turbo calcium to raise my Calcium levels then keep using my kalk to maintain it and keep it stable. How would that work

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Works fine for me so it should work fine for you :) Test your levels and if the calcium is low, add some turbo calcium. Another product that I use regularly at the #28 blocks by seachem. Read up about it here

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produ...;Ntx=mode matchallpartial&Np=1&N=2004

My supplement schedule is as follows: Daily addition of kalk. Test weekly and when calcium or buffer are needed, I skip adding kalk on the day that I have to add buffer or calcium. I put the #28 blocks in my sump and replace as needed. I add aragamight to my top off water. This regimen keeps my ph, calcium and alk nice and steady. :)

10. hottielover14

thats a nice schedule you got there. I'm thinking of doing the samething almost though. I will add the kalk every day and then test weekly and add calcium or buffer if needed. what is your calcium and alk at.

11. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Last I checked, my calcium was at 500 and my alk was at 10 :)

Check out those #28 blocks too. With it, the aragamight and the kalk, I rarely have to add calcium supplements :)

12. hottielover14

i did i looked at them they seem pretty cool. how many do u have to add to your tank. do they last long. are they worth getting.