Tunze Wavebox 6212

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by Matt Rogers, May 11, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

I would this this would be a good add on for a big tank say 200 gallons but just can't see it on anything below a 125.

Heard this will aslo take 20% life away from the tank. Maybe they will make a tank just for this product ?

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Decreased tank life, very interesting concept. Would that be the same for glass and acrylic?

4. Trickman2

Trickman2 Bristle Worm

Pretty awesome wave action for such a small box

5. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

[quote author=Craig_Manoukian link=board=Product;num=1084300279;start=15#21 date=05/31/04 at 01:58:29]Decreased tank life, very interesting concept.  Would that be the same for glass and acrylic?[/quote]

Depends on the size and shape of the wave [smiley=wave.gif] [smiley=wave.gif] [smiley=wave.gif] [smiley=wave.gif] [smiley=wave.gif] [smiley=wave.gif]

John :)

6. Trickman2

Trickman2 Bristle Worm

How does it Work? Whats inside the magic box. Acrylic would have a greater life than glass.

7. geologeek

geologeek Fire Worm

Hi, only just found this topic after posting a question! sorry! found a picture of the unit on a uk web site (below) if it is any use to you. would have put the picture on if i knew how! do you reckon one of these could be made diy style?

http://www.paraquatics.co.uk/tunzewave.htm

8. Click Here!

9. geologeek

geologeek Fire Worm

Decided to treat myself to one of these in the new year (well i ground the missus down and told her i needed this and a few other things!!) but was wondering where best to place the live rock in the tank!

Do i keep it low so the waves will flow over the top?

Well to give you the full picture i am going to add another 20kg of purple fuji live rock and am unsure whether to have it spread along the back of the tank or to have it forming a reef with caves and overhangs 3/4 of the way across the tank that the waves will "break" onto allowing me to have about half the tank as open water and to get the rippling of the sand and room for the fish to swim without getting bashed into the rock structure!

Any suggestions?

10. Trickman2

Trickman2 Bristle Worm

Wow Man can't believe you are buying one 500 bucks yikes.....Besides you guys might kick yourself when you see this.  Someone made their own  http://ealex.aqua-web.org/kuvat/wavebox/[smiley=toilet.gif] [smiley=wacko.gif]

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Yeah I saw that site the other day, that's wild!
    He doesn't appear to be posting DIY plans though, just pics.

12. geologeek

geologeek Fire Worm

thanks for the link! However i find that after i have bought the parts and things it would cost a little less and something would go wrong!!!

there is a forum site here in the uk that have contacted the maker of this box, he is in the process of re-jigging it and is going to post the diy plans there!

will pass on the link if i can find it again!