Tube Anemone for Free

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by johnmaloney, Jan 31, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

i was feeding it silversides. the previous owner fed it them and it was fine. it has been surviving with me for 5 months so i doubt it was the transition. it was really random too. like it was 100% fina as far as i know before it bit the dust

2. Click Here!

3. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

thanks! glad to hear.

4. johnmaloney

maybe old age....

I wanted to feed it something big....I should have tried silversides. I have seen a ric eat a feather duster, that was cool. I usually use krill as the go to food.

email me patrick, I think your order was Priority Mail so it wouldn't work, but next time I get one.

5. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

yeah i fed him krill too but after a while he would drop it... i think he got tired of it. plus it was freeze dried which i think he didnt like. Oh well he lived a long life that at least i think was a good one.

6. johnmaloney

they lose that ability to eat on the way out i think....i have a warty nem (what do they call them again in the hobby...maybe it is warty nem) that all of a sudden stopped taking in food. I have had him for awhile, it was about 3.5 in across for the disk, but now he is shriveling... :(

7. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

I have a bad feeling that the nem isn't coming today...the mail lady is usually here by now and there's nothing on my porch and no slip in the mailbox

8. Click Here!

9. johnmaloney

even my UPS shipments are running late...carriers kill me for some reason....UPS has some boxes for Florida out in KY, and yours isnt the only one that looks late at USPS....aargh. Let me know how it goes...

10. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

I've been actively watching the mailboxes and haven't seen her yet..but I maaayyy have dozed off for a few minutes after lunch and missed her. Still have a little bit of hope though.

11. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

No package..pretty bummed. Hopefully it'll be here before 1 tomorrow..if not..missing class won't hurt!

12. johnmaloney

that is a real shame...I was doing some reading, and it seems nems can take a delay and recover, I know these tubes are pretty hardy from my own negligence at times. He might make it. I would say I feel bad about your class, but I skipped statistics sometimes to catch a Simpsons re-run. :) Seriously, though, you don't need to skip class for it, if you leave a note on the door they abide by it usually, although at the moment it is requiring a signature.... You can put my number in there if they want to contact me to leave it. Anyway, email me or pm me when you decide what works best for you and we can go from there.