Trying to raise Calcium

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by quinstar, Apr 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. M-Ocean Man

M-Ocean Man Flame Angel

Yeah looks like the Kent marine stuff will work for you but not sure of the price.

You still might be better off looking at Bulkreefsupply.com's bulk chemicals.

2. Click Here!

3. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

You can use the kent marine. You could also use the seaceam 2 part or seacheam reef calcium.

I use seacheam Reef Calcium Seacheam Reef DKH and brightwell Magnesium.

Just so you know, your going to have to dose more than just calcium. You will want to have a dose ready for Mag and DKH as well. Your DKH is alomst certain to be affected once you significantly raise calcium. Your mag probably could be higher as well, as mag is important for maintaining calcium.

As others have suggested Bulk Reef Supply has good combos or even if you still just want individual. Had I know i would have used BRS>

The have a 4 part sytem that you can get in diffrent quantity per gallon.
    The 4 part comes with Calcium, Alkalinity, Magnesium Chloride and Magnesium Sulfate.

BRS is know for good bang for your buck pricing.

1 person likes this.
  4. quinstar

quinstar Fire Worm

5. M-Ocean Man

M-Ocean Man Flame Angel

6. M-Ocean Man

M-Ocean Man Flame Angel

It says "2 part" but there are really 4 bulk chemicals you get with the package.

1 part for Calcium
    1 Part for Alk.
    2 Parts mixed together for Mag.

7. quinstar

quinstar Fire Worm

Great! Thanks for clarifying that. I'm ordering it right now. Also, if either of you would like points for referral pm me your e-mail and I'll put you down

8. Click Here!

9. quinstar

quinstar Fire Worm

Just wanted to say thanks again for recommending bulk reef supply. There stuff is fantastic and I'm getting much better results. Parameters are almost perfect now! And when I stopped by my LFS they had the most beautiful green hammer wall coral that I just had to reward myself with. Thanks again for all your help and suggestions.

10. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Hey,
    Just thought I'd add my 2 cents even though all the advise has been great in this thread.
    I've found the type of salt you use will never 100% satisfy the demands of a coral filled tank. that is why after trying most of the high end and regular priced Salts I have come back to IO salt. The one thing I can recommend is to test you water change water when at 1.025 or 1.026 what ever you want to run your system at. then using your newly purchased bulk buffers, get your levels where you want them on the water change water before you add it to the tank.

J