Trying to kick the ICK

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by 10acrewoods, Dec 4, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. getinpora

getinpora Coral Banded Shrimp

no they eat fish food flake frozen ect.

2. Click Here!

3. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

Tang still eating today. Fed emerald entree with garlic and nitrates still high. Tang still eating well. Found out today he will not eat fresh calupra non bubble type. Fire gobie still no signs and doing fine.

4. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

A thing I noticed today is that in morning there seem to be less spots then in the evening. Today Feed formula 2 dosed with garlic Tang eating fine and gobie still no sign of ick. All paramiters fine except for nitrate sill around 40ppm. noticing more green algae in tank and it maybe a bloom coming on. Did water change today only 10%. Took 5% from other tank in hopes to help with what ever I killed off with the malachite.

5. RemickJ

RemickJ Teardrop Maxima Clam

Just checking in on you Woods. My Hippo is the same more spots at night then in the am. Good Luck-- Hopefully we can pull these guys though this!

1 person likes this.
  6. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

Well nothing much changed still same. The only thing that is positive is that my tank is looking much greener. hopfully having a algae bloom of some sorts and hopfully take nitrates down a bit. Running low on test so won't test till I get more nitrate tests have them on order. Tang still eating a ton and no change with fire gobie. Fed cyclops today with garlic. Waiting on shrimp or neon to get in a store. Ickco (petco) has on in but refuse to by fish from there anymore.

7. Trigger Man

Trigger Man Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Sorry for the slow response, but didn't check on this tread for a while. My water parameters stayed near the same (you must take out your carbon, phosphate remover, uv sterilizer, and skimmer during the week treatment and then leave your skimmer off for 4 days later or it will go crazy). Go to nosickfish.com and you can order the product there and read the instructions and writeups. Continue with your vitamin and garlic enriched feedings as well. I hope this helps.

8. Click Here!

9. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

10. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

Ok tang still infected. Showing less spots and all parameters except nitrate normal. Still waiting on test. Feed marine cusine with garlic. fire gobie still no signs. Have shrimp on order. Tang still eats lots.

11. grubbsj

grubbsj Gigas Clam

Question for you, have you consider the treatment process of performing a fresh water dip? We were un-able to save 2 tangs when they came down with ich...tried everything but dipping them.

When the power blue came down with it, we figured out a process for performing a dip. The result is that we saved this one.

Now as for visible spots, as others have noted, once you have it in your tank, you've got it... we did see spots come back and go away on their own. In the tank was a pair of cleaner shrimp... I know it has been said that the shrimp don't help ich, but the tang would spend time at their cleaning station when there were visible spots...

I never retreated and he did fine....

If you are interested, I'll take the time to post the processes we used to dip him.

12. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

please list your process to dip. I have used a freshwater dip on him once before but seen a drastic unimprovement. I have also read that freshwater dips don't get at the parisites that are deep within the fish and most people think the dip is doing good but in all reality fish was just strong enough to expel on there own. I think that the more I stress him the more he will weekin. I am trying to do the least invasive treatment of all. When tang stops eating I think I will do more drastic mesures then. So post your treatment and I just might use it if it comes to it.