Trying to kick the ICK

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by 10acrewoods, Dec 4, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kchighrider

kchighrider Plankton

2. Click Here!

3. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

Todays report. didn't take pictrue but tang doing about the same still eating and swiming like mad. He has taken a liking to swiming against the flow of the upper jets. I guess this is good excersice. I am not going to take a pic today. But insted going to try to post a vid(as soon as my camera batterys charge). Tryed to take last night but ran out of juice and light went off. All paramiters the same and still feeding garlic regiment. Today feeding emerald entriee with garlic yum yum. Fire gobie still unaffected. Tang thinks fire gobies is a cleaner but fire don't want to do anything like that. Tang will swim up close and present his side for cleaning and fire gobie just looks at him like he is stupied. Well hopfully have a vid soon.

4. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

YouTube - Powder brown tang with ick behavior
    Here is a video of the tang trying to get the gobie to clean. He only does it for a sec. i guess he is figuring out that that gobie don't clean. He did do it longer eariler but for some reason he just don't want to cooporate with the camera, fish actors what are you going to do with them. any ways hope you enjoy.
    p.s. He wouldn't rub on the rocks today either. Maybe a video tomarrow of him doing that.

5. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

Tang still eating great and wite spots in some spots are turning into black dots. Probably a sign of healing. No pics today cause nothing showing on camera. Feed today was cyclops and garlic yum.

6. getinpora

getinpora Coral Banded Shrimp

all my years with tang i keep at least 2 neon gobies there cleaner fish all the tangs i have will line up to be cleaned by them as well as other fish once i even put a yellow tang in that had ich not just a couple of spots covered but not disabling the gobies clened it up it was cleared in 2 weeks but that tank had 5 in it but about a year later i put a over sized pump like power head in and the yello tang got it eyes sucked out of his head the neon gobies work i keep in all my nice happy tanks

1 person likes this.
  7. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

If you don't have any fish that eat shrimp get a cleaner shrimp. I have a royal gramma that had the ich and the next day it was gone. He works over all my fish in my reef tank. Good luck.

8. Click Here!

9. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

working on getting a shrimp only problem is I live in the trasport hole in the world every thing takes for ever to get here and I only have one lfs and they are out. So it will have to wait. Thank to all for the imput.

10. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

I hear neon gobies eventualy starve to death. What experience have you had with them.

11. Dr.Fragenstein

Dr.Fragenstein Panda Puffer

Cleaner WRASSES typically starve to death, cleaner or neon GOBIES are typically tank raised and will get commercial food.

Good luck

1 person likes this.
  12. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

Tang not doing so good today. spots came this afternoon in vast numbers. Still feeding garlic and trying to get tank to normal. Nitrates still 40 ppm and water changes not doing anything to help so far. Did 20% change today and will retest tomarrow. Not going to buy anything till after holidays(hope it can wait that long). Tang still eating good and moving normal.