Trying to get coraline algae

Discussion in 'Algae' started by Funkify360, Mar 9, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

It is again called "Purple Up" and is made by CaribSea. It comes in a purple bottle with yellow and white lettering. It is basically a coralline algae accelerator. It targets the live rock where it dissolves delivering iodine, strontium, magnesium and carbonate. Again remember, make sure to have strong water current and have some corraline algae in your tank before using "Purple Up". Good luck

2. Click Here!

3. live rock

live rock Plankton

;D
    [​IMG]
    I use these is it ok? sorry to keep bothering you'll but, a new comer always seems to have teething troubles!:-[

4. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I've never seen or heard about that particular product. You will have to read up on it.

5. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

This is purple up! :) If those bottles contain the same chemicals that purple up contains, it's just a waste of money to purchase it; dont dose altogether!

Attached Files:

• pup.jpg
      pup.jpg
      File size:
      18 KB
      Views:
  6. SAW39

SAW39 Ritteri Anemone

When coraline algae starts to grow, what does it look like?
    I'm getting little white dots on various rocks and on the back glass of my tank. Could this be coraline algae, or do I have a barnacle infestation?

7. powdertang05

powdertang05 Fire Worm

i use purple up it works OK have more Coraline algae but not much its a dark purple and get annoying after you scrap and scrap and you wake up and its their again. its good to buffer water.

8. Click Here!

9. gkw

gkw Peppermint Shrimp

I am use purple up and it's pretty good. I am only dosing less than half of what they recommended (1 cap) 2 times a week and coraline algae is growing up on different places more and more. Loved it! Will use full dose after I get my calcium test kit.

10. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

If you look at the white dots closely, do they look like little spirals like this? http://images.google.com/images?q=Spirorbis&ndsp=20&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&start=0&sa=N

If so, they are harmless featherdusters.

1 person likes this.
  11. SAW39

SAW39 Ritteri Anemone

Thanks Inwall! That was a great hyperlink. That's exactly what I have!
    I'm relieved to hear that they are harmless. I have over a hundred now, on various rocks.
    I think the addition of iodine to my water spurred their growth.

12. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

I feel bad whenever i clean the power heads because so many of them get to take a nice ride down the sink :(