Try this for your over-flow ( Quiet ) :~)

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by fletch, May 1, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Thank You I am Glad I could help!!! ;) ;DDid you put the air vent tube in the top?................ John

2. Click Here!

3. Redbeard

Redbeard Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Yes, I did. I wasn't sure what the tubing was for and pushed it down the drain hose too far.  ::)  When I pulled it out a ways the water then started returning to the sump. ;D

(and my heart started beating again)

4. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

;);D Thank You For The Karma..................... John

You may be able to get it a little quieter by moving the vent tube up or down some ;)

5. Redbeard

Oh yeah, I messed around moving it up and down until the only sound is the waterfall. I have miles of 1" PVC pipe laying around so I thought I'd try making the stand pipe a little taller if I decide it's still too loud. That should work shouldn't it? Making the waterfall shorter?

6. Redbeard

Or do you mean push the vent tube down untill the waterfall is shorter? That sounds risky. Am I missing something?

7. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

[quote author=Redbeard link=board=DIY;num=1083516753;start=30#34 date=08/31/04 at 14:10:40]Or do you mean push the vent tube down until the waterfall is shorter? That sounds risky. Am I missing something?[/quote]

No you are not missing anything I think you have it right

[quote author=Redbeard link=board=DIY;num=1083516753;start=30#33 date=08/31/04 at 14:03:13] I have miles of 1" PVC pipe laying around so I thought I'd try making the stand pipe a little taller if I decide it's still too loud. That should work shouldn't it? Making the waterfall shorter? [/quote]

Just as long as the bottom of the bell is not above the divider in the overflow

[quote author=Redbeard link=board=DIY;num=1083516753;start=30#33 date=08/31/04 at 14:03:13]Oh yeah, I messed around moving it up and down until the only sound is the waterfall [/quote]

Yup that is what I was talking about.

8. Click Here!

9. Redbeard

Heh, cool. I could move the bell up a couple inches and still be below the divider, almost no waterfall at all. It would be almost silent. :)
    Thanks again!

Ted

10. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

You can try it! :-/ let me know how it works out! :D You may have to keep the holes in the stand pipe below the divider also ;).. .................................................................. John

11. Redbeard

[quote author=fletch link=board=DIY;num=1083516753;start=30#37 date=09/01/04 at 02:11:59]You may have to keep the holes in the stand pipe below the divider also  ;).. .................................................................. John[/quote]

Oh yeah, I'd do that for sure! I'm pretty happy with it the way it is now but if I change it I'll keep you posted.

12. fletch

fletch Kole Tang