Triton?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Corailline, Apr 4, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

I'm curios about this method. Triton USA is scheduled to speak at our club's meeting on May so I expect to have a better understanding of the method. What interest me most is the elimination of water changes. With the drought here in California and upcoming fines for water use abusers, this may be the way we will be forced to keep reef tanks around here.

Corailline likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Please do a follow up regarding the presentation.

This concept of a product that eliminates the need for water changes by removing heavy metals and toxins fascinates me.

4. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

5. Thales

Thales Plankton

6. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

I got my first test results.
    Most stuff normal.
    Iodine was really low.
    Barium , Bromide and Lithium very high.
    Not sure If I'll do anything about those three but I did put in a vial of iodine.
    I'm mainly happy I didn't see a bunch of heavy metals.

7. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

this is a very interesting thing. Im still under the impression thst the excess nutrients and what not still floats in the water. don't you still have to export it some how and if so, by whst means without a water change? isn't that basically the idea of a water change is to export what can't naturally be broken down or skimmed out? I know some chemical filtration will work but in the long run is it more beneficial?

8. Click Here!

9. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

The special salt doesn't have the trace minerals in it. So you would only use it while you are trying to get those numbers lowered. It is not a replacement for your IO, Redsea, your salt mix here. just temporary.

10. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

And very expensive on a big tank I might add. It's a little too ambiguous for me on the salt part. I've also heard us zeo users have this high barium thing from the zeolites. Not sure if that's true but if I sprung for the salt it would be hundreds of dollars and still in unknown territory if it would be permanent.