Triggerfish beak

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Kaianuanu, Mar 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kaianuanu

Kaianuanu Peppermint Shrimp

I have a 3" Rectangular triggerfish in a FOWLR. I read somewhere that owners should feed them hard shelled prawns or crab legs to keep their parrotfish like beak worn down. Mine picks at my LR alot. he broke off a peice as big as he is! Since he picks at my rock so much, does that mean i shouldn't have to worry about feeding him hard shelled foods to keep his beak worn down? Also, there isn't much about rectangular triggers, could i just use info about picasso triggers? they're from the same places and are even in the same genus.

2. Click Here!

3. Dasco

Dasco Vagabond Butterfly

just like puffers and stuff there beaks will get to long and wont be able to eat, just jeep an eye on it. prob wouldnt be bad to give him some hard stuff everyonce an awhile.

4. Kaianuanu

so, he should be fine, but if i see any excess growth feed hard foods, also, it couldn't hurt to feed him hard foods every now and again too.

I basically just summarized what you meant right? Just clearifying

5. Dasco

Dasco Vagabond Butterfly

yup, thats pretty much all i can add due to my lack of knolage on the matter.

6. Kaianuanu

Can anybody answer my 2nd question?

Also, there isn't much about rectangular triggers, could i just use info about picasso triggers? they're from the same places and are even in the same genus.