tree coral dying

Discussion in 'Coral Diseases' started by mallasee, Jan 19, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mallasee

mallasee Astrea Snail

Hello Everyone, my tree coral has come down with Colt Coral Slime Disease. I cut off the infected limbs yesterday. Today all the other limbs are infected. I was wondering if i could just cut it off, at the trunk, just below the infected areas. If I cut the coral there would there be a chance for recovery?Should I just call it in for that coral? Do I have any other options? I look forward to any help that can be given. Thank You!

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

there is a chance, i had to cut half off at the bottom and its already starting to grow new polyps...sorry to hear

4. AnthonyCalfo

AnthonyCalfo Plankton

corals with tiny sclerites/spicules wipe out very quickly. My advice is to cut away only the tips with the greatest integrity (firm) and sacrifice the rest. The frags will grow out quickly in a matter of months... versus you losing everything to a massive infection.

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I have a question for ya regarding your Colt! Do you have good water flow to your colt and do you dose Iodine? Iodine plays a key role in the health and long term success of your COlt as well as other Octocorals, not to mention inverts!!