torch coral

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by jessel518, Jul 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TritonsGarden

TritonsGarden 3reef Sponsor

Definitely looks like a bacterial infection and it will likely spread. The only thing that has worked for me is cutting off the dieing heads being very careful not to get the brown jelly on other heads. A iodine dip is also helpful before returning it to your tank.

Euphillya (torch, frogspawn, hammers, etc,) tentacles can easily be torn when moving them or during shipping. They often get bacteria infections when they are injured.

Jack

2. Click Here!

3. maintman55

maintman55 Flamingo Tongue

torch coral woes

hi,im maintman55,i have the same problem,i got an electric green torch,it had 3 heads"clusters"that were all nicely open at the store,,a day after i got it into my tank one of the heads began loosing all the "tentacles"?,,that spread to one of the others,,now all thats left are shriveld parts on one but the third is doing well and is fully opened.im at a loss also as to why?maybe it was bounced around to much on the way home?lets see if we can figure this out?i have some pics of mine in the corals forum under electric green torch"by maintman55" hope yours lives.