torch coral

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by jessel518, Jul 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jessel518

jessel518 Fire Worm

yea its all in my tag. Protien skimmer, 50 sump, 20 gal fuge, 4x54x t5 with individual reflectors, bulbs are about 6 months old, it may have been hurt in transport to the store i dont know. i stopped by the lfs yesterday and the ones they have left are doing the same thing as mine. any recomendations of what to do? will breaking of the dead or dieing heads help save the others? or do i more or less have to sit back and watch it deteriate and hope it stops?

2. Click Here!

3. project1

project1 Spaghetti Worm

if the heads die it shouldnt effect the others. maybe replace bulbs not an expert but iv replace mine every 6 to 8 months. just what was recomended to me.

4. jessel518

jessel518 Fire Worm

i have new ati bulbs on order now from lfs. i havnt had a shift in spectrum creating algae bloom, and all other corals and nem are doing fine. i dont know. i guess ill keep an eye on it and what happens happens right? sounds like i cant do anything more

5. proreefer

proreefer Feather Star

i believe it was damaged, the tissue was torn, they are delicate, breaking off or cutting off the dieing ones will just stress it more. i would place it on the sand and put gentle flow, just enough to sway in the wind, give some trance eliments, calcium, let it relax for awhile. it's been put through an experience.

6. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

^^Agreed. I bought a brain coral about 7 months ago and it is finally starting to swell up.... thats always my luck! :p

7. duoc9119

duoc9119 Coral Banded Shrimp

It took about 2 weeks for my torch to get acclimated to the tank, and then another few weeks to adjust the flow around the tank and placing the torch in the right amount of lighting.

8. Click Here!

9. jessel518

jessel518 Fire Worm

ok will do. sounds like good advice. I have left it alone and it apears that as of right now there is no more massive tissue decay. Im leaving it be and will see what happens. wasnt home all day today so i didnt get a chance to see it in the light but will check it out tomorrow and update. tomorrow is also water change day so will see what happens.

10. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

is there any brown jelly slimy stuff coming off the polyps. Brown Jelly disease?

11. jessel518

jessel518 Fire Worm

there didnt look like any yesterday and that was going to be my next question. i just got home this morning and saw that yes there is. i started doing a little research on brown jelly disease before coming over here to ask for help. it just showed up this morning. ill take a pic in a few and post

12. jessel518

jessel518 Fire Worm

sorry about the quality. hopefully its enough for your help. its the best pics i can take that i can transfer to the computer to post.

Attached Files: