topoff direct from ro?

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by 2t2_crash, Jun 19, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dngspot

dngspot Spaghetti Worm

/////////

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  2. Click Here!

3. Ryan

Ryan Spaghetti Worm

Only time will tell...In my mind I dont see how it is any different that having it set up to a drinking water system.

I don't have a TDS meter yet, but will be getting one shortly so I can keep a close eye on it.

Additional DI resin filter housings through purewaterclub are only $11 so I will probably add a 2nd one to my RO/DI unit for a little added insurance.

4. dkermitb

dkermitb Plankton

2t2_crash,

It sounds like you should find some friends with RO on Okinawa with aquariums. ;) We might be able to top off your tank when you are gone. I have RO and I know another guy that has RO/DI.

Kermie

5. ardo_ski

ardo_ski Peppermint Shrimp

One thing I fear with a system direct to the Ro system is if your ATO fails you are now dumping endless amount of water to your tank. The amount if time I've heard of tank failures were due to this. My system water volume is about 200 gallons and I use a 10 gallon aquarium for my RO reservoir. When I go on vacation I just fill up jugs with extra water and have who ever is watching my tank check and fill the reservoir. Also I tell them about how much water should need to filled. Just some my opinion.