Top off DIY?

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by PackerFan12, Apr 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Spectrapure has a slew of choices starting at $55 for the Power Liquid Level Controller which only has a small 1/2" clear probe in the water so is almost out of sight.
    LIQUID LEVEL CONTROLLERS

I use the Ultra Precise ATO myself which comes with the same peristaltic pump as the Liter Meter. Its been very reliable.
    I think the Power Controller would be a great choice for a nano system since its so compact. I may have to invest in one myself for my 16G bowfront.

2. Click Here!

3. Toronto_Guy

Toronto_Guy Fire Shrimp

Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question.... my defense is that I'm really tired at the moment. ;-) However, do the spectrapure systems work with a resevoir, or from a direct line from my RODI, or both?

4. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Either way. The power controller signal starts a powerhead, peristaltic pump or aqualifter on a storage reservoir while some of the others include a solenoid which can hook directly to the RO/DI system. My UPLC-II is fed by a 23 gallon Rubbermaid trash can,

5. PackerFan12

PackerFan12 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

i forgot to add that I am hoping to have a 30 gallon tank under my tank almost like a refugium. I am not able to have a tank over my dt so will the Ato top off still work?

6. el_piraña

el_piraña Flamingo Tongue

This looks pretty interesting....do you think the same design will work ok on the main tank if I don't have a sump?

7. ReefWizard

ReefWizard Coral Banded Shrimp

Yes it should work the same on tank or sump.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. quonnie

quonnie Astrea Snail

Did anybody try and make the DIY top off from ReefWizard? ReefWizard I was wondering do you use this to top off you tank?