Too much flow???

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by ranger2806, Jan 1, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ranger2806

ranger2806 Fire Shrimp

i have two seio m2600 pumps and i have two #3 koraila pumps and two #2 koraila pumps in a 75 gal reef tank. is that two much flow the are all on wave makers so i dont think so but what do you guys think.

2. Click Here!

3. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Be careful with Koralias on wavemakers. They're not meant to be turned off and on constantly, it will eventually burn out the motors.

4. ranger2806

ranger2806 Fire Shrimp

that sucks. i just bought all of them brand new. what should i do. should i not hook them up to the wave maker or let them run?

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

As long as your not blowing sand all over the place then I think you are good to go.

6. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

With just the 4 Koralia power heads that's 38x turnover in your tank. Depending on the usage of the m2600's, and the positioning of the output, I'd think you'd be OK. Just make sure you're not putting craters in your sand, watch your inhabitants and make sure they're not plastered to the tank walls, etc.

- Edit - Oh, and leave the Koralia's off the wavemakers. I'd do some careful positioning - make sure one is positioned upwards and churns the surface of the water. This will help with surface film and gas exchange. Put one in the other corner, maybe position down - put the other two down towards the bottom and push them up a bit, so that all the water is exchanged nicely. It's trial and error.

7. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

They have Koralias that are made for a wavemaker, but you have to buy their brand wavemaker. Expensivo!

8. Click Here!

9. ranger2806

ranger2806 Fire Shrimp

my 2600's put out 2600 gph lol i have some craters in the sand but im still working on there best spot so they dont.

10. ranger2806

ranger2806 Fire Shrimp

forget that i will use the redsea one and when they go they go and i will get a new one. do you think thats ok?

11. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Maybe you want to take out just one of those.

12. ranger2806

ranger2806 Fire Shrimp

ok sounds good. thanks a bunch

1 person likes this.