Toallhisdooms 7.5 gal cube build

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Toallhisdoom, Oct 11, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

So I never documented my last build, wanna make sure i do with this one.
    Just bought a custom 12x12x12 deep blue rimless cube with custom acrylic all in one overflow style wall. It came with 2 hydor pico 400 pumps so hopefully these will be good flow. It also has an acrylic media rack in the back with 3 slots. I am thinking chaeto on top with a small light, and maybe run some purigen.
    For lighting i am now thinking reefbreeders par38 http://www.reefbreeders.com/par_38_leds.html on a dimmer switch.
    Inhabitants as of now will be yasha goby(pair?) And a pistol shrimp.

I plan to keep softies, mostly zoos and some random lps.

I am going to make a custom acrylic lid to make sure the goby dose not jump out.

here are a few pics of the tank that civic sent me.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

Very cool! I can't wait to see the build come together! ;D

4. Toallhisdoom

added a few pics of the tank :)

being shipped as we speak cant wait to get it started

5. elwolfe

elwolfe Coral Banded Shrimp

Congrats! Looks like a cool project. I love a good pico build.

6. Toallhisdoom

Need help on picking a light if anyone has any ideas?! I know i want LED. Was looking at zetlight nano, or ecopico lighting. Any other options or ideas? Or any thoughts about the 2 lights i named?

7. Toallhisdoom

Think i have decided to go with a reefbreeders par38 bulb, and get a clamp on tank fixture. They can be dimmed with a household dimmer. :)

8. Click Here!

9. oyf709

oyf709 Bristle Worm

looking forward for your build and maybe next time you would try our light but no worry, always exciting to see new tank builds

10. Toallhisdoom

I am so torn, I love the look of the zetlight, but there is just not enough info, par reading, or other peoples reviews out there. So i just don't know if i want to risk it. I wish there was more because it is exactly what i am looking for as far as looks go.

11. oyf709

oyf709 Bristle Worm

no, I understand that completely, that is usually why it is hard to start a new brand in a market that never had any review on it. And it is hard as lot of ppl if they got the light and like it, they will just move on with their life and not bother to write up some official reviews unless they get benefit for it. As if the exp when wrong, they can;'t wait to let everyone know even their parent's co-worker's pet get that info. I guess its kinda true not only for this but for life in general

However, I might be able to get u a pic of one of the client's tank with that light tho, I would go ask him for it.

12. Toallhisdoom

Ok cool! thanks man! and yea thats life, something goes right, no one says a word, it goes wrong and the whole world knows! haha