toadstool still not open, please help! grr

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Toallhisdoom, Jul 28, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zoo 4 life

zoo 4 life Coral Banded Shrimp

That was what I was about to recommend, they do not like a lot of light. Once it starts to open up even a little bit, you should be fine! They grow like weeds though, mine is trying to take over my tank!

2. Click Here!

3. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

every where you read it says medium-high light.... ***

4. sanchezkk

sanchezkk Plankton

Any luck with your Toadstool yet?

5. dienerman

dienerman Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Mine has been wonderful for the past 6 months and now has been closed for 4 days. No idea why. He occasionally slumps over to the side then perks up a few hours later. Nothing in my tank has changed and the params have been very stable. No idea whats going on but im not gonna do anything drastic unless it looks like he s dying. I assume others have had a similar experience?

6. Toallhisdoom

mine closes up and sheds occasionally. The polpys never come out as far as most toadstools tho. They just barley pop out. I think it was just so damaged from bad lighting for so long that it is just recovering. It shes at least once a month.

7. Ryan Duchatel

Ryan Duchatel Millepora

Mines exactly the same. Doesnt look half as good as others. Im still trying to determine whats the go with it. Mine is pretty much always closed up and barely ever has its polyps out and usually only small polyp extension.

8. Click Here!

9. Toallhisdoom

what type of lighting? mine never! opened under my crappy t5 odyssea fixture. Once i put it under my reefbreeders led it started to open. It is on the sand bed but it at least extends all its polyps just not as far as most. Only just popping out.