To Kill Or Not To Kill-please help in neumerous IDs

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by t-hac, Sep 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

pepp. shrimp are fantastic but if your tank is mature enough, Berghia nudibranchs eat one thing and one thing their entire lives, aptasia.

2. Click Here!

3. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel

I agree with all your recommendations.

4. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Hmm, that's odd. Unless you accidentally got the wrong shrimp. Sometimes they get confused with Camelback shrimp, they look very similar but one the camel is a little brighter, the peppermint shrimp should be really light in its coloration (as if its hardly there, kinda opaque). The camelbacks wont eat the aiptasia, but the pepps love em.

5. studlylilmouse

studlylilmouse Astrea Snail

unfortunatly mine is in my FOWLR and not sure where it came from , but anyway shrimp are out im sure , ive got a cple of pigs that ate all me hermit cracs and fight over the ghost shrimp i buy.........

6. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

dont forget that the camelback will also eat your tastey polyps, they are not reef safe.

7. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

8. Click Here!

9. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Nope they are pep's, and from what I have heard pep's eating aiptasia is maybe a 50% deal.

10. liegeofinveracity

liegeofinveracity Coral Banded Shrimp

...the night time... is the right time...
    folks with far more experience than myself say remove aiptasia,however i would leave it alone.messing with it will make it reproduce. if you leave it alone it will just grow.taking the rock its on out of the water for a week is the only way i'd attempt to kill it{and everything else on the rock} i can assure you it won't sprout shoulder mounted laser beams,kill everything in the tank and then come after your cat.let nature take its course

11. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Are you saying to just leave it?

12. liegeofinveracity

liegeofinveracity Coral Banded Shrimp

...the night time... is the right time...
    yup, i know it sounds crazy:eek: but unless it started rapidly reproducing i would leave it be, in my limited experience its when you start messing with them that they reproduce and when left alone they'll grow.a 2 inch round aiptasia is a beautiful animal in my opinion.