Tips For Aquascaping Live Rock

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by SuperScro, May 9, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SuperScro

SuperScro Flamingo Tongue

I did another re-arrangement of the rocks today. Right Now I really like the way it looks, just need to make some adjustments and maybe add a specific piece of live rock to complete it. The rocks are spaced out well, still connected but not all jumbled up. I will get a picture when everything settles.

2. Click Here!

3. SuperScro

Here we go

Attached Files:

4. mattgeezer

mattgeezer Montipora Capricornis

Nice rock work mate;D

5. SuperScro

This is basically what I am going to keep for the long run, with just some possible small re-arrangements and some more live rock. Now Im ready for some corals.

6. Twan013

Twan013 Skunk Shrimp

i seriously don't see how you guys do it.. of course, i have a bad shape of aquarium anyway... standard 55... the best i can ever seem to do is either a near-solid wall, or just a massive pile of rocks...i tried and tried to "strategically" place the rock, but it still looked like i just dumped it from a box into the aquarium... hehe, i wonder if i could get a big and strong enough box to put enough in liverock in there, tumble it around for about 10 minutes, and then just open it and let each rock drop whever the crap it wants to... i bet if i did that it would end up perfect! that's like an artist simply throwing a bucket of paint on a big canvas and calling it "big blue" and it selling for a quarter million..HAHA!

anyway, my ideal aquascape would be 2 caves (one on each side of the aquarium) with an arch going between the two.. i'm a believer in symmetry, and that's kind of hard with liverock...