TinFury's Tank

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by TinFury, Mar 25, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TinFury

TinFury Fire Shrimp

I just realised that all I do is bring my problems here. In fact I don't think that anyone has ever seen my tank :( I'm posting this pic so that everyone will stop PM'ing me saying that I'm a "Debbie Downer" and only bring my depressing stuff here.... lol.... I'm jk. Here's my tank.

It's a 75 Gallon bowfront. I've got a 2 inch sandbed of fine natural sand...... I regret having used sand in the first place and it's one of the things I'd do diffrently if I ever restart or pull things down for the big maintain. I don't like fish too much as you can see from the pics... I do love inverts and corals. I try to buy only collector\ultra\electric stuff and I try NEVER to buy dodo brown\any green corals..... some will always end up getting in there though... I've got zoanthids, a bubble coral, 9 Australian acans including the Rainbow acan, a couple softies and the Steve Alias Blue Acapora. I run everything on sunlight supply 6 bulb T5's with 3 10K's and 3 Actinics. Should have gone with 8 bulbs. The only other piece of equipment I have is a 220Gal protein skimmer. I plan to put in a sump with live rock and a phosban reactor. The only problem I have with my tank is that I get a buildup of algae from time to time on the sand. Very fine but also very ugly.

I'll post more pics later with more detail.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

looks like you got a solid crust of coriline growing on the live rock...nice:)

4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Looks great but I need more detailed, up close and multiple pics of your tank;D

5. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

6. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

I love that purple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very nice!

7. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

The tank looks great. I like the way you've aquascaped. Thanks for the pic.

8. Click Here!

9. TinFury

TinFury Fire Shrimp

Ok here are some more pics,,,,

This is the left head you can see my rainbow acan. I should move it lower as the color is kind of fading.
    [​IMG]

These are the red musrooms that exploded and then regressed that I was talking about in another thread. Notice the scrape marks all over the rock. I have a heavy team of emereald crabs taking care of algae.
    [​IMG]

Same shrooms, Dendros in the background. Just got the dendros I'm setting up brine shrimp now to train them to open in the day.
    [​IMG]

Right side very end of the tank
    [​IMG]

Left side of the right head. The one that you see in the valley.
    [​IMG]

10. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Looks great! Love the coral choices and the rock work!

Evan.

11. TinFury

TinFury Fire Shrimp

Mission and Froc3: Thanks :)

1 person likes this.