Timer?

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by gabbyr189, Feb 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gabbyr189

gabbyr189 Bubble Tip Anemone

So I am planning on dosing calc, alk, and mag. I just made the solutions from BRS. I would like to grab a couple of aqualifters and put them on timers to dose daily. Where can I find a good timer that is accurate to the second? I want to dose each for maybe 5-10 seconds, well each will be different but thats another story. Anyway what is a good timer choice?

2. Click Here!

3. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I don't know if the aqualifters are reliable enough to use for dosing, TBH. BRS dosers are accurate to within .1ml per minute of run time. 3.5 gph seems a bit fast, too, unless you have a big tank.

For timers, the stuff at the hardware stores is crud. Pick up a controller (Reef Angel or RKL are cheap and will work), and you won't have to worry about them going bad on you. I had 2 go bad within a week of first plugging them in, out of 6 I bought.

4. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

May aquarium timer strip sucked...every few days it wouldn't shut off. We bought these off of another reefer that broke his tank down. He loved them after trying several other kinds (his wife found these). They're digital & have been working really well. If I were to put an ATO or something like that on a timer, I would put it on these. My experience with timers on fish tanks (other than for lights) is very limited, though, so take my advice with a grain of salt! Best bet would be a controller.

Duh, would help if I'd give the link!!! GE 15 amp 7-Day Dual-Outlet Plug-In Heavy-Duty Timer