Thrive Clam Kit

Discussion in 'Clams' started by Biocube, May 8, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

LMAO!!!! ;D

really though i think they should say its for smaller clams. good idea, but a bit pricey for what it is

2. Click Here!

3. felixpaws

felixpaws Astrea Snail

I'm liking thrive more, and more. I've thought about mounting my clam on a small piece of live rock, before, but decided the sand was a good enough place for it. Hmm? This has me thinking about it, again. Of course, I don't know that I'd spend $15, for a piece of live rock, some airline tubing, and a small toothbrush. My clam is already in the tank, too. Hmm. I was thinking about a second clam, for my other tank, though. Food for thought. If nothing else, thrive seems to stir up the leaves in my head. Lol.

4. Jlobes

Jlobes Coral Banded Shrimp

Not sure I'd pay the price either, but lately I've been cutting large clam shells I find at the beach and letting the clams attach to that. make nice little pockets, kinda similar in shape to the thrive holders.

5. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

I'd like to know what the holder itself is made of. I made one similar to it out of EPO-Putty. For a while my Tridacna Crocea was fine. Then all of a sudden it detatched from the holder. Now it's got thin pieces of the putty stuck to its gland/threads that won't come off :(

6. Jlobes

I thought somebody mentioned that I was ceramic or plaster. But I guess I don't know for sure

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  7. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Sure feels like it.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337663727.384435.jpg

8. Click Here!

9. Jlobes

Ahh thanks for chiming in biocube with a pic none the less! Looks like it from the pic as well. Like they say if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.....

10. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

No problem, glad to help out.

Quick question.. What if it farts like a duck?? ;)

11. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

If in fact it is ceramic then the same will happen. The acid from the gland of the clam will erode that stuff too. It's how they bore into rock. Just a thought.