This is starting to kick my A$$...

Discussion in 'Algae' started by Lucky13dt, Sep 27, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i thought its was implied no die offs, because i wouldn't recommend it if there were.(didn't have hard corals then, so i can't speak for tank with them but the product says its safe for any reef tank )

2. Click Here!

3. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

hmm heres somethin i got off of marinedepot's site, called boyds chemi-clean-

Cynobacteria is usually encouraged with the presence of nitrate and ammonia, which are both fixed forms of nitrogen. Chemi-clean helps clean and remove this problem algae through its own unique process. Most other red slime removers use purely antibiotics, namely erythromycin to take care of the algae. The use of such substances with in your aquarium can have disastrous effects upon your nitrifying bacteria and cause your tank to crash, killing the inhabitants of your aquarium.

4. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

wonder if there telling the truth or just trying to scare people...

5. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

its probably the truth because its the logical way to get rid of bacteria which cyano is, i think ultra something slime remover mentioned in the beginning of the forum is reef safe too.

6. sssnake

sssnake Montipora Digitata

You should be addressing the root of the problem instead of throwing in all kinds of things in your tank.

JMO

7. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

I have heard that so many times and think that sometime there is just no explanations to be had or root to be found. I have a 20L gallon
    frag tank, its been going since last July. Not feeding anything except for a small amount of Rod's for Coral reefs and have been since the start.
    Haven't changed a thing since tank was set up.

Beginning of summer started getting little patches of Cryno on rack, bottom and outer glass. started running phos reactor, did nothing...
    stopped feeding, did nothing....Changed lighting schedule, did nothing.... tried everything I could find and nothing worked so I just gave
    up went back to feeding, light same as I was in June and just started scraping and using a tooth brush.

Then about 2 weeks ago I noticed I had not scraped in a week and it was pretty much gone. So what was it... someone mentioned that
    they think its seasonal, because they get it almost every summer.... Me I haven't a clue. I am just glad its gone!

8. Click Here!

9. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

There is part of your problem, that stuff is full of PO4's. You have just been adding a little at a time until you crossed the line for a algae farm.

10. Lucky13dt

Lucky13dt Spaghetti Worm

Once a day, either brine/mysis or brocolli (thanks to you!)

1 person likes this.
  11. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

Hang in there buddy... I hope you get it resolved.
    I got some green stuff I'm try'n to ID...I'll post some photos later.
    Good Luck ...standing by for solution.

LG

12. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

Have you try ed a sleeper goby yet? I bought one at my LFS yesterday and already have taken half of the cyano problem away! this is not something that I read! it is working wonderful, now I haven't found much info about it, other than Omard's FOT thread, that said they only live about a month or two. I hope mine lives 4 ever!