Thinking about taking my bubble to LFS

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Puffer Chick, Feb 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ibefishy

ibefishy Montipora Capricornis

Once you frag it and it all turns out well you wont be too worried about fragging things as much, and you will want to start fragging more. Its the main way I keep my tank running. I trade a lot for credit.

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

hahah i have yet to frag anything, i could probably frag my birdsnest too, its been growning since i got it and its pretty big as well

4. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

This sounds like a great time to meet some members of your local reef club, see if someone experienced in fragging can come teach you how, and perhaps trade for a few new frags :)

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

hmmmm ill have to look online and see if theres any

6. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Hah Id frag it into like 4 pieces! :D get some bang for your buck or make your tank bubbly!

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

hahahha that would be a lot of bubbles :lol:

8. Click Here!

9. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

10. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

To frag it, a good way to get a piece the size you want is to aggitate it so it closes up, use a dremel tool to cut the back of the skeleton, the bottom of the coral. Don't cut all the way through to the top. Then you can use a chisel and hammer to break the rest so you get a fairly clean break. A wet band saw would be ideal, but I doubt you have one or have access to one. Personally though, i would keep it. Green bubbles are more rare and that's an awesome looking piece, it will be hard to find another one like that.

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

hahahaha ill keep teasing you cause its just oh so much fun :lol:

yea im kinda of afraid

YIKES! that sounds kind of scary for a person who has never fragged, maybe ill just leave it.

and thanks! when i got the bubble at the lfs they had a darker green one as well but i decided to go with this one, i just fed the fish and it caught some of the food and he has his mouth open a bit and is almost touching my brain i wonder if i sohould move the brain to a rock somewhere

12. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

It doesn't have to go on the sand bed. My bubble never spent a day on the sand bed. Stick it somewhere else in the tank, it's pretty - I wouldn't get rid of it.