Think i have Ich but not sure

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by Puffer Chick, Oct 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

family guy quote " Your Naaaaaasty" lol;D

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ok so i googled white stringy fish poop and this awesome site poped up Fish Fecal Disorders and it says that white stringy fish poop is caused by Capillaria Worm Larvae and say trement is Paracide D. Stuff is a bit expensive so i'm not sure what size bottle i should look into getting

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

well my ammonia and nitrite are finally at 0!! I don't think the stress-zyme would have worked within a matter of hours, but i will keep on using it for now, to make sure my parameters are steady, then i'll try to wean off it. I think my cycle is officially over, i haven't tested nitrates but i'm sure i have some. But so glad to see ammonia and nitrite at 0!

1 person likes this.
  5. bama

bama Humpback Whale

I hope everything works out for the best.. Losing new fish is the worst.. I keep my clowns happy and fat with spirulina flakes, freeze dried krill, frozen mysid shrimp, and the frozen mixed diet foods all soaked in garlic.. It has seemed to keep mine healthy and happy.. maybe this diet can work for yours as well

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

Thanks I hope they pull through. I'll look into the flake food and krill :D

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

Just an update. Both fish are scratch free and are looking much healthier and happier. They are no longer swimming in the dowanwards position and are moving about the entire tank. I didn't do anything to treat them, only thing I used was stress-zyme and that was to help improve the water condition. And today I just realized I was underdosing lol so i have up the dose. I guess this was just from stress :D