Think i found out my Wrasse's problem

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Puffer Chick, Feb 23, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ohhhhh intersting that could possibly be it too, i tried to take pics of him yesterday when he had it but i can never get the pics to come out, at least what ever he has isint affecting his eating habbits and he's been active, its just kinda there, and another weird thing is i have another wrasse too and he's perfectly fine, but at the same time the chromis doesnt pick on him, just the McCoskers

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

so i just did a quick google of velvet, it sorta sounds like it but their not yellowish their white, they are small though, and he hasnt been rubbing himself on rocks to try to get it off and he hasnt been gasping either, and his fins arent held close to his body

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

white spots are back again, he was spotless just a couple of hours ago, i guess i shouldnt worry to much, he's still eating and is active, just very strange

5. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

no it couldnt be velvet.. if it was, flash would of been a goner by now and possibly the rest of your fish

6. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Yeah, it's not velvet. That kills very fast. And also spreads to other fish very quickly. Try to get a picture of him with all the white spots.

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

and i dont think ick could come back this fast, or would it? i just wish i could get a good pic but they dont show up in the pictures, their even on his fins and right above the eyes, and well, everywhere else

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ill try again, even if its a little blurry id be better than nothing ill be back in a bit ill try to take some more

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

just took some pics im uploading them onto my computer, ill see if anything turned out

11. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I hope so. I think seeing would reall help us out.

12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Ich comes and goes. As you can see from the links I provided, the parasite falls off the fish, settles to the substrate, makes more parasites which then reinfect the fish. That is why the fish can have spots one day, they're gone the next then back again after a day or less.