Think i found out my Wrasse's problem

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Puffer Chick, Feb 23, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ok i didnt think we could see the ick either, just looks really similar, and thanks glad to hear its just an isopod

2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

FWIW, if my skin touches the bubbles, my skin gets itchy red marks... I've called this a 'sting' but it may just be allergic reaction.

I feed my bubble whole silversides and it generally will eat the whole thing. it by far can handle the biggest chunks of meat in my tank...

right now mine isn't too happy with its flow though, i need to go work on that.

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

You won't be glad if it's a parasitic one :D

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yikes i rmemeber you saying before about them stinging, if you got red marks, id hate to see how sensitive mine would be, my skin and pretty much entire body is CRAZY sensitive

ive got some pics ofthe bubble eating the chromis, just have to go find them, i eneded up finding them, lol funny thing about the bubble and the chromis, while he had the chromis in its mouth the cleaner shrimp decided to hop onto the bubble and steal it! so then i would put the chromis back into the bubble's mouth, then the cleaner shrimp kept on stealing the chromis, so then i decided to just take the chromis out and chop it up in small pieces then give it to the bubble, he ate everything, i havent fed him since though as he deffiently does not need it :D

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ohhhhh their parasitic :eek: i didnt know that :eek: hopefully my melanurus wrasse will end up eating it, but if its parasitic i guess that wouldnt be a good thing for him

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Some are, some aren't. If you see one hanging off of your fish, it's parasitic.

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

here are some pics of the bubble, this was from about a month ago
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and from a few days ago*colors are a bit dulled out*
    [​IMG]

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ok, i havent seen any on the fish, maybel ive gotten lucky :D

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

so the ick/coral stings are now gone

12. firewalker

firewalker Plankton

velvet

might want to look into the disease "velvet". From what i understand wrasses are quite susceptible to this disease. I am in the middle of treating my sixline right now for this problem. It is a scale problem that creates a small white velvet-like patches all over the fish. It is caused by an oodinium fungus i believe.