Things re looking better for my Yellow Tang!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by John Alston, Nov 17, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. John Alston

John Alston Astrea Snail

You folks may recall my posting last week about my new YT possibly having Ich. Thnaks to your advice & support (and that of my lfs), he's now doing well and is very happy. Being new to all of this, it was a lesson well learned for me. Firts of all lmy water temp was about 80, rather than 75 to 76, which I am slwoly bringing down (at 78 now). Plus my tang is eating frozen brine shrimp with Metroplex added. I also was adding a new product (new to my lfs anyways) called Ich-attack by Kordon. So all seems to be going quite nicely. I'm not sure which of these changes were responsible for the improvement. (He was going down hill quickly so I tried them all at once, which is something I'd rather not have done)
    Thanks again guys (and ladies)

2. Click Here!

3. karcury

karcury Astrea Snail

We used Ick-attack with great success a couple of months ago. We also had a pretty nasty ick situation going at the time and were able to bring it under control. Soaking our brine and mysis shrimp in fresh garlic prior to feeding also seemed to help.

Glad you tank is doing better! I hate losing fish. . . :/