I have a 12 gallon biocube by JBJ with the stock PC lighting. In the tank I have around 13 lbs of live rock, a few pounds of sand (just enough to create a thin layer on the bottom), a Koralia 240 powerhead, and am using an InTank media basket. The basket is stacked filter floss, carbon, phosban, purigen. Second chamber has a heater and a mini fuge I just put in with a submersible light and cheato, third chamber has some ceramic bio media and the return pump. I had a peppermint shrimp die maybe a week ago or less and I started a thread on here and concluded that the skunk cleaner was responsible for that. Two days ago I noticed that some of my mushrooms were shriveled up like they were stressed and yesterday was the same. Different mushrooms shriveled on different days and only 1 or 2 out of 8 were affected. Today after the lights came on all the mushrooms look happy and healthy. The only fish in the tank is a firefish and he/she seems to be doing fine. He hangs out outside of his hiding hole all day long playing in the current and is eating fine and looks normal. This morning when I woke up my skunk cleaner shrimp was dead. Yesterday he seemed fine. I thought to myself yesterday that the light part of him (anything but the red and white on top) seemed a darker brown than I used to remember but I don't know if my brain was just messing with me. New additions within the last 2 weeks have been two heads of green trumpet coral and a 2x3 peice of green star polyp. Both of those seem to be doing good. The trumpets expand during the day and the GSP has already shown growth. I had some digitate hydroids in my tank on a rock and I've since removed them. I kept the few button polyps that were on the rock and they already look better than they did when they were on the rock before I chipped them off (could be because they're in a higher spot with more flow). I have some green hair algae in the tank and had a little bit of cyano on the sand an on one rock but not a huge deal. I tested parameters this morning and here's what I've got.... Ammonia - 0 Nitrite - 0 Nitrate - 0 pH - 7.8 Calcium 480 kH - 7 Phosphate - 0.25 Salinity 1.026 I use an API test kit for everything and use a refractometer that I just calibrated today for the salinity. I'm concerned that I'm doing something or something is happening within the tank that's causing issues. I want to know why my skunk cleaner died, why my mushrooms were stressed for two days, and what I can do to help. I realize small tanks are harder to keep and I'm willing to work at it. I purchased some 2 part calcium supplements but haven't dosed at all yet because I haven't seen a need. I have seen some new corraline growth since I've had the tank also. My goal is to make this a soft and LPS reef tank with the one firefish. I also have a CUC of a few snails and a few hermit crabs. So who can help me?