TheSaltwaterGuy's 10 Gallon build (pics added)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Jan 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Which fish would you get?

Poll closed Jan 13, 2011.
  1. Neon Goby (Blue)

52.6%
  2. Sharknose Goby (Blue and Yellow)

42.1%
  3. Neon Goby (Yellow)

5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. con999

con999 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

mmhmmmm i did not no that. but i did say that they get up to 4 inches so its out

2. Click Here!

3. con999

and to be honist if i have a ten gallon, i would do all clown gobys. i relly think that would be an amazing tank with a few soft corals

4. con999

5. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

6. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

so pinkbar and something thats relatively small that swims mainly in the middle of the water column...

7. con999

they get 4 inchs you will never get it in their

8. Click Here!

9. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Maximum length... I don't think all of them grow 4"; maybe 3" most of the time

10. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

Either way its too much of a risk to take. Get fish that fit in your tank and will accomodate your bioload or wait and get a larger tank.

11. country1911

country1911 Coral Banded Shrimp

Please don't take this the wrong way, but this statement is what rubs people the wrong way. They offer good advice and here we are 3 pages later and you still think you can shoehorn fish that do not belong in a 10 gallon into a 10 gallon. I have a one spot foxface that is only 5" when most sites say it will grow to 7". That doesn't mean I can put it into a 29 gallon tank because it's not getting any bigger. Fish do not grow linearly, they grow in spurts like humans IME.

About the firefish, you should be QTing all new fish at this point. Ich would wipe your tank out in a week with your bioload. Especially if the fish was bullied and not doing well.

I will say it again and then I am not coming back to this thread, I would stock your tank with 2 fish that reach a maximum of 3" or less. A YWG and a purple firefish and a shrimp, or something along those lines. I know it will probably be boring, but it's a ten gallon! How many fish do you want to kill? Continuing to add fish to a tank they do not belong in will lead to disaster.

Please do not take this personal, I completely understand the live and learn thing, I am more concerned with the people who are Googling 10 gallon tanks and come across this thread with so many poor ideas in it. Even if 50 people read this and end up killing 50 fish by making poor decisions, it's 2500 fish. Maybe the proportions are a little different, but it still makes the people in this hobby look irresponsible.

Again, good luck, I wish you the best, but please learn what it means to be a responsible reefer.

2 people like this.
  12. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

yeah i had a feeling i'd get a small talk... but if you insist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.