Urgent Thermometer Broke What Do I Do?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by xmetalfan99, Jan 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Just got back from the ER for cutting my finger wide open. Hurray for stitches, tetanus shots, and needles. Oh, how I hate needles. Was cutting the last piece of tubing and nailed my finger...

A word to the wise...use the right tools for the job...goodnight...

2. Click Here!

3. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

LOL hope your ok and I know that hurt sorry bro

4. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

The cut itself ddidn't hurt, but the multiple shots around the cut hurt a lot due to the location of the cut. I am a big baby when it comes to needles too. I grabbed my ipod and headphones before I left for the ER so I could keep my mind off of the needles. My finger is really sore right now. I'll probably finish plumbing this afternoon. I have a heater and 4 powerheads in the DT for flow and temp. I think everything will be fine till then.

Anyone have suggestions for how to counteract any possible rust damage to the corals?

5. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

My little floating thermometer broke in my Salt Mixing container the other day...right before a water change. Same thing happened, cut myself with glass, luckily, and saw the pellets before I did the change. Dumped 20+ gallons of newly mixed saltwater, cleaned that container better than I clean my bathroom, and mixed up some more water. Did the change yesterday, and no ill effects seen. I don't know how badly the pellets will/can effect your aquarium. I had a steel compression strap that I loosened, and forgot that I did...it fell down into the water along the tube. Sat in there for over 1 month before I noticed it...rusty, and nasty looking. Never saw any ill effects. Someone compared it to GFO falling into your system...shouldn't hurt.

Careful with blades. ;D I only go to the doctor when I'm dying...or have a 4" gaping hole in my leg...careful with blades.

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

The rust should be no problem. GFO is rust and we use lots of it.